[Spambayes] Spambayes Digest, Vol 83, Issue 11

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jul 13 07:37:26 CEST 2005

> I didn't know a ratio of approximately 1:1 is required.

It's not *required*, it's *recommended*.  Because of the underlying math,
you'll start to get very odd-seeming results if there's a significant
imbalance.

> No. I didn't mean that the toolbar wasn't removed. I meant
> the "add/remove" function of "Windows" didn't remove the
> Spambayes program. I checked and it is still present in the
> Windows Explorer "Program Files" as well as in: Start/All
> Programs!

Does any error occur when doing the uninstall?  Is SpamBayes still listed in
the Add/Remove programs list?  Have you installed versions after 1.0a9 over
the top of earlier versions?  The Add/Remove Programs control panel should
(and does for anyone else that I am aware of) do a complete uninstall apart
from the toolbar.

If it's not in the Add/Remove Programs control panel, then you could try
installing it again and then uninstalling.  If you want to do it all
manually, then you can run the outlook_addin_register.exe program in the
"bin" directory in the directory you installed SpamBayes into with
"--unregister" as a parameter, then manually delete all the files in that
directory, and the Start Menu shortcuts.

> I noticed that the "Delete as Spam" button disappeared from my
> list. This is another reason to remove the Spambayes altogether
> and reinstall it, isn't it?

Possibly.  The troubleshooting guide has a lot of possible solutions for
toolbar problems (which are generally pretty rare).

=Tony.Meyer