[Spambayes] SPAMBayes Windows Outlook Problem

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jul 18 04:07:57 CEST 2005

> Why perpetuate this counterintuitive default? It's been a
> continual source of confusion for longer than I can remember.
> If the installer has the option to do it either way, at least
> default it in the direction that most users would expect.

The reasoning (Mark's; it was nearly before my time) is that if the plug-in
is registered for all users, then it doesn't appear in Outlook's list of
plug-ins.  Back when this was the default, we got lots of emails about that.

My hope is that since 1.1 has an option in the installer to choose all
users, it will at least be clear to people what is happening.

=Tony.Meyer