[Spambayes] Possible bug (Outlook once in safe mode and then in normal)

Petri Malk petri.malk at pp.nic.fi
Wed Jul 20 17:57:45 CEST 2005

I have OL 2003 & SP1 English. PC runs on XP Pro Finnish & SP1. When this
problem started, my SpamBayes was 1.0.4.

Today I switched off my compter accidentally from switch instead of Start ->
Shut down. OL was running. Next time I started computer, OL told me that it
was closed wrongly last time and suggested starting Outlook in safe mode. I
accepted it and OL checked some file consistency. Then I closed OL and
restarted it in normal mode.

What is happening now is that SB seems to be dead. There are Delete as spam
button and SpamBayes dropdown menu button but they are dead. No new mail is
scored any more.

Then I downloaded SB 1.1 and restarted OL again. The buttons are still dead
and new mail is not scored (spam percentage). So filtering does not work.

Does this have anything to do with the "Start Outlook in safe mode" or is
this a coincidence? I read your bug page and did not find anything related
to this issue.

Thank you in advance. SpamBayes is more than 99.99 % accurate when it is
trained correctly. You have done a great job.

Mr Petri Malk
FINLAND