[Spambayes] sb_server "Permission denied"

Jordan Peterson jordan.peterson at sundialsc.com
Tue Jul 26 22:17:10 CEST 2005

I'm using sb_server, SB 1.0.4, on Windows 2000.  Every time I try to
train using an Outlook Express DBX file, I get the following error:

500 Server error
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "spambayes\Dibbler.pyc", line 470, in found_terminator

  File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 508, in onTrain

IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '_pop3proxyham.mbox'

Is this a common problem?  I have write permission on my temp dir
(C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp), but I don't
know where this _pop3proxyham.mbox file is being written (or read..?).

It doesn't seem to matter whether I train a DBX as ham or spam; I get
this error every time.  I've tried shutting down and restarting
SpamBayes from the tray icon controls.

Can anyone offer any advice as to the next troubleshooting step to take?

Thanks,
Jordan

--
Jordan Peterson