[Spambayes] Uselessness of SpamBayes for Outlook

Mel Slane melvinslane1 at insightbb.com
Wed Jul 27 02:30:20 CEST 2005

I've been using the Outlook addin for Windows (XP) for several months now,
and I'm thoroughly unimpressed.  I thought I would give it the benefit of
the doubt for the first month or so, but it continues to put the same
obvious, pathetic spam emails in the Suspect folder, identical to the ones
I've told it were spam many, many times over.  Apparently this thing gets to
a certain point where it's no longer capable of improving, or the other side
is improving faster - either one is a loss for my side.  I've actually
started over twice now with the teaching process, and both times have ended
up with similar results.  I think it's time to admit this is not working and
as good as SpamBayes, and Norton IS 2005.   Good idea guys but bad
execution.

Mel Slane
Peoria, IL