[Spambayes] Problem installing on Linux

Peter Barker peterb at zeta.org.au
Thu Jul 28 10:02:42 CEST 2005

Thanks Tony,

I could not find the file in any of the rpm packages distributed with
Mandrake 10.2 (there is no python-devel package). There are some
distutils installed, but no config directory. They must have decided it
wasn't important!!!!

Copying the spambayes and scripts directories and setting PYTHONPATH
worked fine though, as long as I set it in .procmailrc (not just
.bash_profile). I was upgrading from version 1.0, and am using the same
.hammiedb I was using previously, and just had to modify my configuration
file (.spambayesrc) to suit the new version.

Peter Barker