[Spambayes] SpamBayes and Outlook Express - cont'd

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 8 07:52:05 CEST 2005

> I have now encountered a new problem - I can't connect to my server
> using the localhost to send and receive mail.  When I try to
> send and receive, I get the following error message:
> ----------------------------
>
> The server responded with an error. Account: 'pop-server.san.rr.com',
> Server: 'localhost', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '220
> ms-smtp-01-eri0.socal.rr.com ESMTP Welcome to Road Runner.
> WARNING: *** FOR AUTHORIZED USE ONLY! ***', Port: 110,
> Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC90

It looks like you've set SpamBayes to connect to port 25 at
pop-server.san.rr.com (SMTP - outgoing mail) rather than port 110.

In the SpamBayes configuration page, you should have "pop-server.san.rr.com"
(no quotes) in the top box and "110" (no quotes) in the second box.  Is that
what you have?

=Tony.Meyer