[Spambayes] Help!!

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 8 07:58:55 CEST 2005

> I tried to open the configuration page you sent to
> me and was unable to do so. The page said it was not
> available or I could adjust the browser setting. I have no
> idea how to do that. Do you have any ideas?

Perhaps SpamBayes isn't running?  Is there a little icon that looks like an
envelope with a green arrow on it in the collection of icons on the bottom
right next to the clock?

If there isn't, try going to the Start menu, then All Programs (or Program
Files) and see if there is a "SpamBayes" item there.  If there is, you
should be able to click the "SpamBayes Tray Icon" option inside of there,
and that will start it up - then try the instructions I have last time.  If
there isn't a "SpamBayes" option, then it looks like the installer didn't
run correctly.  Try running it again - are there any error messages?

If the little envelope icon is there, then your log file would give us the
best idea about what is going wrong.  To find the log file:

  1.  Open an Explorer window (e.g. by pressing Windows-E)

  2.  In the "Address" bar towards the top type (no quotes): "C:\Documents
and Settings\" and press return.

  3.  The window should now show a folder for each user of the computer.
Double-click the one that you are logged in as.

  4.  In the "Address" bar towards the top, after what is already there,
type (no quotes): "Local Settings\Temp" and press return.

  5.  There will probably be a lot of files in here.  Try and find one named
"SpamBayesServer1.log" or "SpamBayesServer1".  If you do, click it, and
choose "Copy" from the "Edit" menu.

  6.  In your mail program, send a new message to the list and choose
"Paste" from the "Edit" menu to include the log file as an attachment.

=Tony.Meyer