[Spambayes] McAfee AntiVirus and SpamBayes

Timothy Kearsley tskears at singnet.com.sg
Mon Jun 13 16:21:31 CEST 2005

Hi,

I do not know if you are aware, but McAfee AntiVirus (Enterprise V8.0.0,
DAT V4511) appears to be identifying the SpamBayes installation
programme as a trojan.

McAfee just deleted the SpamBayes V1.0.0 installation programme from my
Downloads file, claiming it is a "Generic Backdoor.dr (Trojan)". I found
this rather strange as I have been using SpamBayes for some time (with
great success), and the installation file has been sitting on my hard
drive for some months without any problems. However, I did update to the
latest McAfee DAT files a couple of days ago, and that appears to when
SpamBayes was identified as a trojan.

I attempted to download the latest release (V1.0.4) and received the
same message regarding the "Generic Backdoor.dr (Trojan)". I do not know
how you may be able to address this problem, but I suspect the fault may
lie with the latest McAfee virus DAT file.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Timothy Kearsley

mailto:tskears at singnet.com.sg