[Spambayes] Changing Browser Preference for SpamBayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Jun 14 23:53:49 CEST 2005

> I am using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 1.0rc2 (June 2004) (binary),

You might want to consider upgrading to 1.0.4.

> I have trained 1776 ham and 14351 spam.

SpamBayes works best when trained on roughly equal numbers of ham and spam
(see http://entrian.com/sb_wiki/TrainingIdeas for a great deal of
information).  If you're finding classification results less than ideal, you
might want to consider retraining and aiming for a rough balance.  The
golden rule is "if it isn't broken, don't fix it", though.

> The problem I am having is I need to change the default browser for
> SpamBayes.  The Windows file type .HTM (.HTML) is set for
> Netscape 6.2, but SpamBayes uses Netscape 8 (recently installed).
> How do I change the browser default for SpamBayes?

SpamBayes uses whatever Windows thinks is the default browser.  If you open
up the browser you want to be the default (e.g. Netscape 6.2) there should
be an option there to do it.  I think Netscape's option is found by doing:

  1. Select "Edit | Preferences" from the main menu in Netscape.

  2. Change to the "Navigator" tab/section.

  3. Click the "Set Default Browser" button.

  4. Click "OK".

  5. Restart Netscape and click "Yes" when asked if it should be set as the
default browser.

SpamBayes should then open in that browser.

=Tony.Meyer