[Spambayes] Spam score retention and display

Coe, Bob rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV
Thu Jun 23 14:31:08 CEST 2005

ROBERT K. COE

  _____

Using Outlook 2000 and Spambayes 1.0.4 ...

When I include the spam score in an Outlook view, it typically displays as an integral percentage value (e.g., "42%" or "100%"). But if I try (again in an Outlook view) to "Group by" the spam score, I find that the value is actually being retained to eight or ten decimal places. This makes the "Group by" action ineffective, since for all practical purposes every message has a unique spam score. Would it make sense to round or truncate this parameter to a more rational granularity?

Bob <mailto:rcoe at CambridgeMA.GOV>

MIS Department, City <http://www.cambridgema.gov/>  of Cambridge
831 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge MA 02139  ·  617-349-4217  ·  fax 617-349-6165