[Spambayes] SpamBayes 1.0.4

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Jun 27 05:21:20 CEST 2005

> My SpamBayes 1.0.4 training database is showing that I have 0 good
> and 28 spam emails. The Good messages are in my Inbox and the training
> section indicates that this is where it is looking. There are
> in excess of 200 good messages in my Inbox. Why then does
> SpamBayes say I have 0 good messages?

The 0 good and 28 spam emails is the number of messages you have *trained*
on, not any sort of count of actual messages that you have, or that have
been classified (the "Statistics" tab in the forthcoming 1.1 has information
about the latter).

To train on messages, you can use the "Training" tab in the SpamBayes
Manager.  Just select the folder(s) that have ham/spam in them, and away you
go.

However, we generally recommend just training on any mistakes (ham
classified as spam, spam classified as ham, and unsures), as this tends to
give better results than training in bulk.  To do this, you only need to use
the "Delete As Spam" and "Recover From Spam" buttons on the toolbar (select
the incorrectly classified message(s), then click the button).

=Tony.Meyer