[Spambayes] I hope this is a simple question

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jun 29 03:31:57 CEST 2005

> If I follow the instructions under the section "SpamBayes
> is not available for all users on the machine";  will the
> learned file be shared between the 2 profiles?

No.  Configuration and training are separate.

> Is there a install situation where it is shared?

No, but you can set this up manually if you want.  The configuration guide
explains how to change the "data directory" in which SpamBayes stores the
database.  You could put this somewhere that both users have access to and
then it would be shared.  Concurrent access isn't supported, so you would
have to be sure that both users didn't have Outlook open at the same time
(via fast user switching, for example).

=Tony.Meyer