[Spambayes] 500 Server error

Stephen Ng steveng at pop.jaring.my
Wed Mar 2 10:36:37 CET 2005


I have not yet tried your suggestions. However, I noticed that whenever 
I Review messages and click on Train the training completes and is 
saved. However, it will produce the error repeatedly. It appears that 
the error is not dependent on a particular message in the cache since 
all previous messages in the cache have already been cleared. When the 
cache is empty, the error appears on clicking Review message. Does this 
behaviour provide any new clues for you?

I have not had this problem before and I have been using Spambayes for a 
very long time. So far I have trained on 14000 Spams and 12000 Hams. So 
I feel it is not related to python or the email package.


Stephen Ng

Tony Meyer wrote:

>>I received the following error after Reviewing and clicking
>>on Train -
>>Training... Saving... Done. Trained on 10 messages. 
>>500 Server error
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>> File "/usr/lib/python2.2/email/Header.py", line 67, in decode_header
>>    if not ecre.search(header):
>>RuntimeError: maximum recursion limit exceeded
>This looks the same as this bug:
>[ 802530 ] Unable to review messages this morning
>Which I closed because we hadn't heard back from the OP in a long time (i.e.
>it wasn't ever resolved).
>What operating system is this?  sb_server increases the stack size (I
>presume that's the limit that's being hit, although I could be wrong) on Mac
>OS X, which I think was to avoid something like this.
>Do you have Python 2.3 or 2.4 available to you?  If you do, do you get the
>same problem when using them?  This could be something that has been fixed
>in the email package (or in the re module).
>Finally, I suspect that it's one individual message that is causing the
>problem here.  If you could identify which one, and give us a copy of it,
>that would help a lot.  There are two ways I can think of to do that.  One
>is to put a "print message.id" before the "messageInfo.bodySummary =
>self._trimHeader(text, 200)" line in ProxyUI (the last id printed is the
>problem one).  The other is to move messages out of the cache until it
>works.  (Much more work, but doesn't involve touching the code).
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/attachments/20050302/1217ddd9/attachment.html

More information about the Spambayes mailing list