[Spambayes] RE: [ 1113863 ] sb_tray eats all cpu tim

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Mar 3 01:23:22 CET 2005

Please add comments via the trackers, or, if necessary, the
spambayes at python.org list, rather than sending me personal mail.  That way
you'll get the benefit of answers from everyone.

> You marked this as foxed/closed.  This is happening to me
> constantly and really can't use SB anymore.

Can you not stop your mail client attempting to make connections when the
connection is not available?

> Is there a
> deveolpment release I could try to se if it fixes my problem?

You can run from CVS (click the CVS link at
<http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>, follow the instructions there to get a
CVS checkout, and then follow the spambayes instructions for running from
source).

Alternatively, you could download the source archive for 1.0.3, run from
that and apply the patch manually.

1.1a1 will have this fix, but unless someone else steps up to do the
release, it won't be out until the end of the month.  As Skip mentioned in a
previous list email, if someone wants to volunteer to put together a 1.0.4
with this fix (instructions on building a release are in README-DEVEL.txt),
then I doubt anyone will stand in the way.  (And some help would even be
provided).

=Tony.Meyer