[Spambayes] Problem with office 2003

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Mar 4 02:23:59 CET 2005

> i upgraded to office 2003 (incl. Outlook 2003) and now i can't
> start Outlook 2003 because appearantly that Spambayes version
> is used with my old Outlook XP does not work with Outlook 2003

All versions of the SpamBayes plug-in work with Outlook 2000, 2002 (XP) and
2003.  Try uninstalling the plug-in and then reinstalling it.

> is it possible to start Outlook without  Spambayes addin?

Uninstalling does this.  You won't lose any of your training or
configuration data.

[...]

> I have already deinstalled Spambayes from the Windows-system but this
> is not enough, Outlook seems to habe still some link to it because
> it still fails to startup...

Why do you believe that SpamBayes is at fault?  If you have uninstalled,
then there should be nothing left of SpamBayes (other than the training and
configuration files), and Outlook can't possibly try to load it.  What error
do you get when trying to start Outlook?  Have you tried to do a "Detect and
Repair" on Outlook?

=Tony.Meyer