[Spambayes] Problem with POP3 Proxy: I couldn't send e-mail whitNorton Antivirus 2005

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Mar 4 05:53:31 CET 2005

> The problem I am having is The problem I have is since I have
> installed the new version of Norton System Work 2005 who is
> added a new option of Norton Antivirus "Protección del Gusano
> de Internet" (In English Worm Internet Protection, I Guess!)I
> think it works like some kind of firewall, There is some
> times (the most of the times!) that I couldn't donwload my
> e-mail, because the norton antivirus believe that Spambayes
> is some kind of worm, this happens however i have configured
> the exclusions (of course all kind of activities is allowed
> to spambayes). Actually, I have to configure Norton Antivirus
> whitout the Internet Worm Protection, in order to be able to
> download my e-mail.

Presumably it thinks that SpamBayes is suspicious because it is connecting
to your mail server.  SpamBayes needs to do that in order to work, so the
only solution is to somehow tell the anti-virus software that SpamBayes is
allowed to do this.  If the anti-virus software ignores you telling it that,
then you should tell the anti-virus software vender about the problem, since
it's their software that's not doing what you tell it.

=Tony.Meyer