[Spambayes] spambayes corruption

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Mar 4 05:57:48 CET 2005

> I have istalled SB 1.0.3 on Outlook 2000 on W98se
> It works fine until I shutdown and restart the PC the next day.
> Then Outlook starts OK but the SB button on the toolbar
> is now a small blank square without any meu items on it.
> If I shut down outlook and re-install SB, all is OK again
> until the next re-boot. The SB.log file is empty.

Are all the SpamBayesX.log files empty?  There should at least be ones that
have the message saying that SpamBayes was installed, and if SpamBayes is
working at all then there will be a log with messages in it.

Have you tried doing a "Detect and Repair" on Outlook?  Have you checked
that it's not Outlook disabling SpamBayes each day, for some reason?