[Spambayes] Sharing databases between outlook plugin and proxy

Rod Carr rod.carr at aro.ie
Fri Mar 4 10:54:23 CET 2005

I've been using the outlook plugin with Outlook 2003  for a few months,
and find it incredibly effective. However, I'm using this at work with
an exchange server, and have recently started using Mozilla Thunderbird
on the same machine for my personal email using POP3 and SMTP, so I've
installed the proxy as well.
The default setup of the proxy has a different database name
(hammie.db), and message information file name
(spambayes.messageinfo.db) than the outlook plugin
(default_bayes_database.db and default_message_database.db), and they
both reside in different folders.

My question is, can the proxy and outlook plugin share the same
databases and run concurrently?

The only way I can see to do this is to change my ...\application
data\spambayes\outlook.ini to set the data directory to the
...\application Data\SpamBayes\Proxy folder, and change the database
names in the proxy interface to the outlook plugin names.

Are these databases different for a reason, or can I go ahead and do
this?

Thanks.

-Rod