[Spambayes] unbounded "warning: unhandled exception"

Joel M. Halpern joel at stevecrocker.com
Sun Mar 6 23:07:44 CET 2005

I have used SpamBayes for several years on a previous computer.
I upgrade laptops,
installed ActivePython,
and installed SpamBayes

It seemed to be running just fine.

However, I eventually got a warning that I was running out of disk space.
It turns out that Spambayes is generating an unbounded sequence of
warning: unhandled exception
messages into the log.

The first couple of lines of the log read:
Service not available. Using thread.
Listener on port 110 is proxying <my mail server>
User interface url is http://localhost:8880/
warning: unhandled exception
warning: unhandled exception
warning: unhandled exception
warning: unhandled exception
warning: unhandled exception
warning: unhandled exception

I presume I have something misconfigured.
I am happy to provide the config file if that is needed so that I can
re-enable SpamBayes.  (I have, perforce, disabled it.)

Thank you,
Joel M. Halpern