[Spambayes] SpamBayes problems

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 7 04:53:38 CET 2005

> Outlook was doing a good job of filtering, but SpamBayes
> wasn't catching hardly any of the spam.  Even when they were
> nearly identical to previously trained spam.
[...]
> If you need to see any other files, let me know and I'll add them.

It is impossible to tell why a message scored what it did without seeing the
clues report for that message.  Next time a message is incorrectly
classified (*before* training) please select the message and choose "Show
spam clues for this message" from the SpamBayes menu.  Send that message on
to the list, and we should be able to figure out what is going wrong.