[Spambayes] Spambayes outlook plugin

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 8 23:46:26 CET 2005

> I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this or not,
> but I figured it was worth a shot.

This is as good a place as any.  Since this could be phrased as a
specifically Outlook question ("how can I protect a folder so that it can't
be deleted), you could ask in some sort of Outlook forum, but I'm not sure
that you'd get any more help.

> Does anyone know how to protect the Junk Mail and Junk Mail
> Suspect folders the spambayes users from being deleted by a user.
> Our users tend to delete the folder itself instead of all the
> messages inside.

As far as I know, this is not possible, sorry.  (Well, without us adding a
lot of code to SpamBayes to monitor the Deleted Items folder and prevent
it).

If your users are using Outlook 2003, then you can set the spam folder to be
Outlook's Junk folder, and I believe that Outlook will prevent you from
deleting that (I don't have 2003, so can't check, but would assume so).
That doesn't help with the unsure folder, though.

Education is really the key, here.

(Maybe if you setup the spam folder, using AutoArchive, to automatically
delete its contents after x days, that would help?  Then the users wouldn't
have to worry about deleting, as long as they continue to correct any
mistakes).

=Tony.Meyer