[Spambayes] sb_tray eating time and space with unhandled exceptions

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Mar 9 00:17:52 CET 2005

I'm using v 1.03. I have recently migrated to Windows XP, and I copied
the existing database from my previous (Windows 200) computer.

I have started to see behavior where the sb_tray applet easts up CPU
time and generates voluminous log files. Here's a listing of the
relevant files:

-rwx------+ 1 sholden None 5485077994 Mar  8 18:01 SpamBayesServer1.log
-rwx------+ 1 sholden None        156 Mar  8 13:01 SpamBayesServer2.log
-rwx------+ 1 sholden None  536819166 Mar  8 12:30 SpamBayesServer3.log
-rwx------+ 1 sholden None 9474516050 Mar  8 11:45 SpamBayesServer4.log

When I look at the large files I find that they have the startup data
followed only by *large* numbers of somewhat uninformative lines that read

warning: unhandled exception

Do more recent releases provide more information about what these
unhandled exceptions are, and can anyone shed any light an what might be
happening here?

Email replies appreciated, as I'm a bit too busy with PyCon to track the
list.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC             http://www.holdenweb.com/