[Spambayes] SpamBayes

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Mar 10 01:18:05 CET 2005

> I had SpamBayes installed and inadvertently uninstalled it.
> The uninstall was not completely successful, however,

In what way was it unsuccessful?  The toolbar was still there?  That's a
known bug.  Configuration and training data still there?  That's a design
feature.  Everything else should work fine.

> and when I went to reinstall it, the reinstall seemed to
> complete but it would not work.

What would not work?  The install process?  Filtering?  Training?  What
happens, exactly?  Are there error messages, and if so, what are they?  What
does the log have?

> Is there a more thorough uninstall procedure?

The thorough procedure is to use the Add/Remove Programs control panel to
remove the plug-in (with Outlook closed, presumably).  Then, in Outlook,
manually delete the (dead) SpamBayes toolbar.  Then, if you want to, you can
remove the data directory that has configuration and training data.  That's
it.