[Spambayes] Plugin interaction with Outlook rules?

David Rueter drueter at assyst.com
Mon Mar 14 00:12:01 CET 2005

I just installed the SpamBayes plugin in Outlook 2003, and it is working
wonderfully!  Thanks to all who have contributed to this solution.

I am wondering if there is a way to have Outlook delay processing of On
Arrival rules until after the SpamBayes plugin takes action.

For example, if I want to set up an Outlook rule to play a sound or to
forward messages to a wireless device, I really don't want such a rule to be
run until after SpamBayes has processed the message.

BTW, I am having SpamBayes filter IMAP inboxes.  Currently, SpamBayes will
process the message, and if spam, will move from the IMAP inbox to the Junk
folder.  However the Outlook On Arrival rules will continue to process the
message as though it had not been deleted.

Any ideas on how to solve this while still using the Outlook plugin?  I'd
love to be able to use Outlook rules in conjunction with the SpamBayes
plugin.  Thanks for any suggestions.

David Rueter
drueter at assyst.com