[Spambayes] (no subject)

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 15 23:56:04 CET 2005

> However, I have noticed that SpamBayes
> does not filter the first spam message in my list of emails,
> i.e., there is always at least one spam message in my email,
> located first in the order or newly received messages (the
> first in the list has the most recent time stamp).  Is there
> a fix for this?

Is this message marked as read before SpamBayes gets a chance to process it,
by any chance?  SpamBayes will only process unread, unfiltered mail in the
folders it is watching.

For example, if that message is selected before SpamBayes starts working
(see the background filter timer values) and you have Outlook set to mark
messages as read after a certain period of time being displayed in the
preview pane, then this could cause that.

If this is the problem, then the solution is to wait until SpamBayes has
done it's work before marking the message as read.  (Perhaps adjusting the
timer values).

=Tony.Meyer