[Spambayes] uninstall entire SpamBayes program?

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:49:00 CET 2005

[Greenfield, Adam]
> How do I uninstall the entire SpamBayes program?

That depends on which version you're using. If you're using the
Outlook addin, see question 3.16  ("How do I uninstall the plug-in?")
in the FAQ:

    http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/faq.html

for details.

> It puts tons of emails into the suspects folder, even those that are almost
> identical to email kept in my inbox.  It takes me even longer to sort threw
> this after I wait for it to sort the email in the first place.

That's very unusual, and probably due to problems in training.  If you
haven't done any training, it will put _all_ email into the suspects
folder; "bad" training can of course approximate that situation too.

If you want to repair that, say something about how you've trained (on
how many ham?  how many spam?  what does "Show Clues" say when you
point it at a message whose classification you don't like?  stuff like
that).