[Spambayes] information about the project

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Mar 18 01:29:33 CET 2005

> Is there a place where I can find the specific design
> documentation? All other kinds of documentation are very
> welcome as well :)

Have you looked at the website?  If you go to the background page, there's
lots about how things work:

<http://spambayes.org/background.html>

Bits are heavy in maths/stats, though, so if you're not a fan of those then
you may want to brush over those bits.  At the end of that page there's also
a link to a paper I co-write, which covers how SpamBayes works in a shorter
more simple way (hopefully!):

<http://ceas.cc/papers-2004/136.pdf>

There's also FAQ 1.5, which should be the most straightforward and simple to
understand:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#is-there-a-high-level-summary-that-shows-how-
spambayes-works>

Finally, there's the source code itself.  In particular, you could read
tokenizer.py and classifier.py, which both have plenty of comments that
explain what is happening.  If you can read pseudo-code, then you should be
able to make sense of most of tokenzier.py and classifier.py.