[Spambayes] Any thoughts on this???? Can not install program

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Mar 18 04:55:15 CET 2005

> Can't get the program to install... I get this >>>>>
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "addin.py", line 72, in ?
> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> 'C:\\DOCUME~1\\ROSSMA~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\spambayes1.log'
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "addin.py", line 72, in ?
> IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> 'C:\\DOCUME~1\\ROSSMA~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\spambayes1.log'

When you posted this previously you had me stumped - I couldn't see how you
could get a permission denied error to open the log that you were presenting
the contents of.  In this post, though, I see that the actual log you're
getting this from is outlook_addin_register.exe.log, which explains
everything.

It appears that you do not have permission to write to your temp directory.
I'm surprised that other programs work!  The binary version of SpamBayes
requires access to the temp directory to write the log files - it simply
won't work if it can't create the files.  Your only options are to run from
source, or to let SpamBayes have the access to write these temp files.