[Spambayes] GMail and port 995

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 22 23:07:04 CET 2005

> I've been using spambayes successfully at both work and home
> for some two months now and finally decided to go out on a
> limb and try to convince it to work with my GMail account.

Gmail pop access requires POP over SSL (hence the port 995).  SpamBayes
1.0.x doesn't support POP over SSL (1.1 will have limited support).  So you
can't just use the two together, unfortunately - although you can use them
together if you add something else like stunnel as well.

Another SpamBayes user has written up instructions about how to do this -
that's probably the best place to start:

<http://www.engelassociates.net/email.html>

=Tony.Meyer