[Spambayes] change logging settings

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 22 23:10:14 CET 2005

> I'm running a SpamBayes pop3proxy on a windows 2000 server
> machine. I was wondering how i can change the logging
> settings (set logging off) because my (small) disks are
> running a little bit low on space. I could find anything
> about it on the net, only something for the outlook plugin
> (verbose), can I use that setting for disabling logging?

You can't turn logging off (unless you run from source).  By default logging
is non-verbose (you can make it *more* verbose by adding
[globals]verbose=True to your configuration file).

It's likely that you've hit a relatively common problem with 1.0.3.  If your
mail client tries to connect to the server and fails (but DNS lookup
succeeds) then the log file will be continually written to with a warning
message.  This is a problem with Python 2.4 (a bug, IMO), which 1.0.3 is
built with.

Assuming that this is the problem for you, then the solution is to just
revert back to 1.0.1 until there is a new release.  (Or you can run from
source with Python 2.2/2.3, or run from CVS source with Python 2.2/2.3/2.4).