[Spambayes] retrain from scratch

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 22 04:14:56 CET 2005

> I've made SpamBayes 1.03 training mistakes using the
> sb_server program and want to retrain from scratch.  Short of
> uninstalling/reinstalling the whole program, how do I do this?

Actually, uninstalling/reinstalling won't do this.  Training and
configuration data is deliberately left untouched.

> I already wiped-out the pop3proxy-ham/spam/unknown-caches and
> retrained attempting to keep the ham and spam folders equal.

The caches are just the mail waiting to be reviewed, or mail that has
recently been reviewed.

> Is it actually the huge (10,552,992 DB file type) hammie.db file
> in C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\SpamBayes\Proxy\ that I have to reset?
> And if so, how?

Yes, and you should really get rid of the spambayes.messageinfo.db file,
too.  Just delete the two of them (when SpamBayes is not running).