[Spambayes] Problems With Eudora

Dave Dexter dddexter at direcway.com
Wed Mar 23 15:54:19 CET 2005

Having read the Troubleshooting page and having subscribed to the mailing list:

Running Win2kPro with latest service packs, SpamBayes v1.0.3. My most
recent log file is attached. Log file 3 is 99,144 kb in size and begins:

Services are supposed to be run by the system after they have been installed.
These command line options are available for (de)installation:
	-help
	-install
	-remove
	-auto
	-disabled
	-interactive
	-user: <arg>
	-password: <arg>

Connecting to the Service Control Manager
SMTP Listener on port 1125 is proxying smtp.gmail.com:25
Listener on port 1110 is proxying pop3.direcway.com:1110
Listener on port 1120 is proxying pop.gmail.com:1120
User interface url is http://localhost:8880/
Listener on port 1110 is proxying pop3.direcway.com:1110
warning: unhandled exception

and consists thereafter of unhandled exception messages. Log 4 is 5,251,740
kb long and I can't open it.

I have followed the configuration instructions in the FAQ for Eudora as
carefully as I can.

My tale of woe: When I first installed SpamBayes, watching only Eudora
(v6.2.1.2 sponsored mode), it did work and I was training it. Then, I tried
to add gmail to the mix. I was never able to connect to gmail. REceived
10061 error codes. After much experimentation, it appears to me that Eudora
will communicate only on port 110 and the ports described in the FAQ seem
ineffective (even when opened specifically in ZoneAlarm). At the moment, I
can receive Eudora mail, and messages do get routed to my Spam and Unsure
mail boxes (as described in the FAQ) BUT I can no longer train (SB never
sees any messages to train on) and my In box messages do not include the
Spambayes -Classification line.

Any suggestions?

Dave Dexter