[Spambayes] SpamBayes Recover and Delete buttons do nothing

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Mar 30 01:41:29 CEST 2005

> My SpamBayes Outlook plug-in is not processing "Recover..."
> or "Delete..." requests.  I have tried upgrading to the
> latest and greatest, I have tried retraining.
[...]
>   File "bsddb\__init__.pyc", line 120, in __setitem__
> bsddb._db.DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal
> error, run
> database recovery -- fatal region error detected; run recovery')

This means that the database is corrupt (a fairly rare occurrence, unless
you're doing something odd).  When you tried retraining, did you do so from
scratch (i.e. tick the "rebuild entire database" box)?  That ought to fix
this problem.  You could manually remove the default_bayes_database.db and
default_message_database.db files from the data directory, which would also
do it.

If you do delete these files and then the database gets corrupted again,
please let us know - we are interesting in hearing about any way to
replicate this problem.

> I am including
> the contents of my log file - I could not find the file in my
> directories to attach it.  What is the default path to it?

It's in the Windows temp directory.  With XP this is probably '\Documents
and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp'.  Otherwise try
'\Windows\Temp'.