[Spambayes] Moving SpamBayes Settings to new computer

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Mar 30 02:17:42 CEST 2005

> Now I've got a new computer (Win XP and Outlook 2003) and I'd like to
> move the training over to the new machine.

Please see FAQ 3.6:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#can-i-share-move-my-training-data-from-one-co
mputer-to-another>

> I have not yet installed SpamBayes on the new machine.

You'll find it easier to avoid problems if you install SpamBayes first, do
the configuration (selecting folders, etc), and skip training, and *then*
close Outlook and copy the .db files across.  (Rather than copying the .db
files before the SpamBayes install).