[Spambayes] how to remove spam from subject forincorrectly makedmail

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 2 03:59:45 CEST 2005

[Tony Meyer]
>>I don't believe you can edit messages with Outlook Express

[User Waldo]
> Thanks, I was able to fix this via a plugin for Thunderbird
> that allows you to edit headers.

I presume that means that you're using Thunderbird, then.  Do you know that
the subject tags aren't required to use SpamBayes with Thunderbird?  You
ought to be able to filter on the X-Spambayes-Classification header, which
avoids munging up the subject header.  (Sad old Outlook Express can't filter
on arbitrary headers, so needs the subject/to munging).  I guess you might
want the munging for some other reason.

> Also I've switched to the imap client, but had to use an older
> version due to not beeing able to connect to the mail server
> with the newer version.

What's the older version and what's the newer one?  1.1a1 ought to be much
better than 1.0.x, but is in alpha.  1.0.4 should definitely be better than
any earlier 1.0.x's.

> the problem is that it occasionaly crashes and i have to
> restart the filter.

I don't suppose you have any more information than that?  Like the message
that it printed when it crashed?