[Spambayes] conitnuous spam

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri May 6 00:36:02 CEST 2005

    Carol> Hi there.  For the last three days I have bombarded with the same
    Carol> spam messages....host, your password attached, here it is, here
    Carol> it is, generally in the subject line or message body.  I keep
    Carol> training as SPAM, but they keep coming, and it is being
    Carol> identified as SPAM by spambayes.  Is there anyway to actually
    Carol> stop these from coming into my Outlook Express mailbox?  They
    Carol> just keep filling it up and I am going away for the weekend and
    Carol> will come back with hundreds of them waiting to be opened.  I
    Carol> have run the virus scan and have contacted roadrunner, but no
    Carol> success there.  Thanks for any advise.  Using XP and express.

Carol,

Unfortunately, everyone is being bombarded with these messages.  Short of
applying some sort of filter in Outlook Express to delete messages that
SpamBayes marks as spam (is that something OE filters can do?) I'm not sure
there's much to be done but grit your teeth and wait for the storm to
subside.

--
Skip Montanaro
skip at pobox.com