[Spambayes] Problem with mail proxy

John Gallagher jagallagher at adelphia.net
Sun May 8 23:32:06 CEST 2005

I am using SpamBayes POP3 Proxy Version 0.4 (February 2004) (binary), with version 2.3.2+ (#49, Oct 23 2003, 15:50:06) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] of Python; my operating system is Windows 5.1.2600.2 (Service Pack 2).  I have trained 1569 ham and 2169 spam.

The problem I am having is: Spambayes is no longer intercepting my incoming mail.
The problem occurred when I tried to reconfigured spambayes to a new isp mail server.
My isp changed the server from pop.dc3.adelphia.net to mail.adelphia.net
I changed the remote server to what you see below and I also tried both pop.mail.adelphia.net and
mail.adelphia.net
Appreciate your help in correctly reconfiguring
Thanks
      Remote Servers:           Remote Servers: The SpamBayes POP3 proxy intercepts incoming email and classifies it before sending it on to your email client. You need to specify which POP3 server(s) you wish it to intercept - a POP3 server address typically looks like "pop3.myisp.net". If you use more than one server, simply separate their names with commas. You can get these server names from your existing email configuration, or from your ISP or system administrator. If you are using Web-based email, you can't use the SpamBayes POP3 proxy (sorry!). In your email client's configuration, where you would normally put your POP3 server address, you should now put the address of the machine running SpamBayes.
      Current Value:  pop3.mail.adelphia.net

      SpamBayes Ports:           SpamBayes Ports: Each POP3 server that is being monitored must be assigned to a 'port' in the SpamBayes POP3 proxy. This port must be different for each monitored server, and there must be a port for each monitored server. Again, you need to configure your email client to use this port. If there are multiple servers, you must specify the same number of ports as servers, separated by commas.
      Current Value:  110