[Spambayes] Different login from same computer

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon May 9 08:50:23 CEST 2005

> I have a different login and profile when I login into my
> computer remotely and the spambayes filter does not work
> from this login.  Can we apply the same training to this
> other profile.

There are two parts to this:

  1.  To get SpamBayes to work for all users of the machine, follow the
steps in the troubleshooting guide:

<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/Outloo
k2000/docs/troubleshooting.html?rev=HEAD#register-all-users>

  2.  To get SpamBayes to use the same database for all users of the
machine, follow the steps in the configuration guide:

<http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/spambayes/spambayes/Outloo
k2000/docs/configuration.html#example-outlook>

Essentially, you'll have to tell either SpamBayes to look in a specific
place for the data directory, irregardless of user.  It doesn't matter where
this place is - you can use your existing data directory if you like.