[Spambayes] Windows 2003 Server SP1 breaks Outlook Plugin?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue May 10 01:16:02 CEST 2005

> Registration was successful.  It was before.  Its when it
> tried to run inside Outlook that its crashing.

addin.py gets called when Outlook loads the plug-in, not just at
registration.  It's presumably dying in there somewhere (or in something it
calls).  The win32 calls are the most suspicious, since PythonWin dies too.

> I added "import win32traceutil"
> then "win32traceutil;print 'This is a test'" and saw the
> output in the win32traceutil.py console.

A good start.  At least it's getting as far as that.

> Any other steps you can suggest?

The only thing I can think of (unless Mark knows something) is to try and
figure out where it's crashing.  The OutlookAddin class (around line 1258)
is the one that first gets called (by Outlook).  You could see if adding a
print statement to the __init__ function results in win32traceutil.py
output, and the same for the OnConnection function.  (It must die somewhere
before the end of OnConnection, because that has the first log entries,
which don't get printed).

=Tony.Meyer