[Spambayes] Add in problem, and solution

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 11 05:13:38 CEST 2005

> Let me know if you want the whole file. BTW, the file is in a
> Temp folder, which is not what the Troubleshooting guide states.

The troubleshooting guide states:

"""
To find the log manually, you'll need to find your Windows temp directory,
into which the SpamBayes addin writes the log. This directory is generally
\WINDOWS\TEMP for Windows 95, 98 and ME, or \Documents and
Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Temp for Windows 2000/XP.
"""

Why do you say that it says otherwise?

> Anyway, after stopping and starting, I noted that Outlook
> seemed to be shutting down very quickly, so went looking into
> processes. There was still an active Outlook process shown.
> Terminating that, and restarting Outlook solved the problem.
> This has now happened on two occasions that I know of (others
> may have also occured, but a system restart would have solved
> it without me being aware).

All versions of Outlook are bad at shutting down completely, with or without
SpamBayes, unfortunately.  This can cause many problems.

> Not at all sure this is a SpamBayes bug, but it is another
> solution to the problem of the Addin not loading/toolbar not
> working/messages not automatically being filtered.

Thanks for the information.