[Spambayes] Help requested

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri May 13 01:01:37 CEST 2005

> Sorry - here is the latest log file
[...]
> bsddb._db.DBRunRecoveryError: (-30982, 'DB_RUNRECOVERY:
> Fatal error, run database recovery -- fatal region error
> detected; run recovery')

Please see FAQ 5.2:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#i-get-a-dbrunrecoveryerror-message>

> The spam filter is recognising as spam stuff that for many
> months was recognised correctly as ham.
> The tool bar does not work

Both of these problems are most likely caused by the dead database.

> This is just a feeling but when you do fairly radical stuff
> like deleting files and reinstalls that the app should spend
> some time reconfiguring and learning again which it doesn't
> seem to.  It did not appear to be a clean uninstall.

If you manually delete the database, then you would need to retrain.  If you
manually delete the configuration file, you'd need to reconfigure.  An
uninstall doesn't remove your user data (which includes both of these) -
this is pretty common behaviour for an uninstall, and facilitates
upgrading/reinstalling, and so on.

A future version of SpamBayes will have an optional "uninstall user data"
option:

[ 1172348 ] Add option to uninstall all data
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1172348&group_id=6
1702&atid=498106>