[Spambayes] I do not know how to turn SpamBayes on.

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri May 13 01:04:50 CEST 2005

> I do not seem to be able to turn it on.
>
> In setup, I elected to have it turned on when I boot up.
> I booted up, but I see no sign that SpamBayes is active.

What mail program (Outlook, Outlook Express, Eudora, Thunderbird...) are you
using?  What version of Windows?

> There is no SpamBayes shortcut on my desktop.

If you're using sb_server (all mail clients apart from Outlook; this
*includs* Outlook Express, which is very different), then you should have
been given the option to include a desktop shortcut.  If the box wasn't
ticked, then one wouldn't have been created.

If sb_server is being used, then you should have a little mail icon in the
tray (the collection of icons next to the clock).  Is that the case?  Did
you read the readme that the installer offered?

Let us know more about your situtation (particularly the mail program you
are using) and we can provide more instructions.