[Spambayes] Suddenly can't connect

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat May 14 22:51:24 CEST 2005

I'm running Spambayes as a proxy under Fedora Core 3 using Kmail
as my client. It's been working fine. I've had a few seemingly
unrelated problems this afternoon but suddenly Kmail returns an
error trying to get mail saying it can't connect to localhost.

I can connect to localhost with my browser and get into the
Spambayes configuration page just fine. Configuration is fine, and
it allows me train on messages.

I can fire up Evolution which is not configured to use Spambayes
and go out and get mail just fine.

I've checked the faq but none of the troubleshooting suggestions
seem to apply. The problem I had earlier had to with a script that
I'd configured to run itself - it got into a closed loop and
ground my machine to a halt. It had nothing to do with com ports
or servers or anything like that. Any one have an idea of what
else I can check, or are there additional resources to look
through on line?

Claude Jones
Levit & James, Inc./WTVS
Leesburg, VA, USA