[Spambayes] Logs, Header Options, etc.

Jack jfhajp at att.net
Sun May 15 01:20:14 CEST 2005

I use Windows XP, Spam Bayes 1.0.3 and have the following log for each of
the 4 days I've been using the service:
Service not available. Using thread.
User interface url is http://localhost:8880/
I confess I don't understand that log file.  Thinking it might want me to
designate my port as 8880, I changed from 110 to 8880, which disabled my
email client, so I went back to 110.  Using that port, the service seems
to be working properly.  The messages appear when I click on "Review
Messages" and I'm training it. I tried to set a filter in my email client
(Calypso 3.30) as indicated in the Header Options, seeking to divert any
mail with "spam," in the header to Calypso's Wastebasket. However even
when it classifies email as spam, the email still appears on the Received
Mail screen of Calypso instead of being diverted to the Wastebasket.
  I have read the FAQ and even gone to the Wiki page (obviously not aimed
at my level of user).
I hope all this makes sense, and that someone might be able to help me, as
I'd like to be able to use Spam Bayes, and show some family members how to
use it. Thanks