[Spambayes] Spambayes crashed Outlook

Dennis Coburn decoburn at comcast.net
Tue May 17 18:12:13 CEST 2005

I've been using Spambayes for several months with no problems.  About two
weeks ago I started having difficulties when I clicked on "Delete as Spam"
or "Recover from Spam".  The problem is that there is a pause of several
seconds and then a message appears saying "MS Outlook has encountered a
problem and needs to close".  It asks to send the info to MS and then shuts
down Outlook.  This is not 100% consistant.  Sometimes it works fine for
several clicks and then crashes until I get tired of trying it.  Sometimes
it doesn't work at all...just crashes.

I'm using Win XP home with SP2, Outlook 2000 SP3 and Spambayes 1.0.4.  I've
run several virus detectors and several spyware detectors and have tried the
Spambayes troubleshooting on the WEB site.

I'd sure appreciate some advice on this.  I'm lost.

Thanks,
Dennis Coburn

Dennis E. Coburn
Coburn Engineering Co.