[Spambayes] [spambayes-dev] address book

Jesse Pelton jsp at PKC.com
Tue May 17 21:33:11 CEST 2005

This subject was discussed quite a bit in April.  If you're interested,
look for messages with "Feature Request" in the subject in the archives
(http://mail.python.org/pipermail/spambayes/2005-April/thread.html#16790
).

Assuming you're running Outlook (and most other modern mail clients),
you can set up rules that have the effect of whitelisting people in your
address book.  If you configure background filtering on the SpamBayes
Manager Advanced tab, SpamBayes strives to let Outlook do any rule
processing on messages before classifying them.  You could set up a rule
that moves whitelist messages to a folder called "Whitelist", for
instance.  As long as you don't tell SpamBayes to process messages in
that folder, it'll leave them alone.  This is a simple if inelegant
approach.  More elegant approaches are possible, at the cost of
complexity.  A few possibilities are mentioned in the archive messages
referred to above.