[Spambayes] [spambayes-dev] OE localhost question
tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed May 18 01:03:38 CEST 2005
Please note that the spambayes-dev list is for discussion about the
development of spambayes. Questions about use, bug reports, support
requests, and so on should be directed to spambayes at python.org.
> Please give simple instructions on how to set up Outlook Express
> to receive mail from localhost.
1. Right-click on the little envelope icon that appears in the tray
(collection of icons by the clock) and choose "Configure...".
2. In the top box, enter the address of your mail server (e.g.
3. In the second box, put "110".
4. About halfway down the page, tick the "unsure" and "spam" boxes in the
"Notate To" option.
5. Click "Save" at the end of the page.
6. In Outlook Express, go to Accounts from the Tools menu.
7. Select the mail account (clicking the Mail tab might help find it).
8. Click Properties.
9. Click the Servers tab.
10. In the "incoming" box, write "localhost" (without the quotes).
11. Click Ok & close your way back out again, and you're done.
Please always include the list (spambayes at python.org) in your replies
(reply-all), and please don't send me personal mail about SpamBayes.
http://www.massey.ac.nz/~tameyer/writing/reply_all.html explains this.
More information about the Spambayes