[Spambayes] AVG & Gmail

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu May 19 08:13:05 CEST 2005

> I use AVG and Gmail and can't seem to get SpamBayes to work
> (also using Firefox).
>
> Can you lead me to a solution?

You're using gmail's POP3 access, not gmail through the web interface in
Firefox, correct?  (If not, then SpamBayes can't help you).

If so, then because you have to connect to gmail through SSL, you'll need to
either use the source from CVS (which supports this; it'll be in 1.1a2), or
use a tool like stunnel, as described here:

<http://www.engelassociates.net/email.html>

If AVG is running a POP3 proxy (to check for viruses), then you'll have to
chain the proxies together, as described here:

<http://spambayes.org/faq.html#i-already-have-a-pop3-proxy-so-how-can-i-use-
sb-server>

=Tony.Meyer