[Spambayes] Outlook 2003 Automatic Junk Filtering

Marjorie Proops marjorie.proops at gmail.com
Fri May 20 20:34:41 CEST 2005

Dear All,

I have a query regarding SpamBayes and its compatibility with Outlook
2003's automatic junk filtering abilities.

I believe I have perceived that when O2003 automatically classifies a
message as junk and moves it to the junk folder, SpamBayes doesn't
(isn't able to?) train that the message was junk. As far as SpamBayes
is concerned, the message never arrived.

Is there any way to avoid this? I find that I can get excellent
anti-spam filtering using the two filters in conjunction.

All the best, love and kisses,

Marjorie H Proops (Mrs) (GNVQ)